Sunday 17 February 2013

Week Four: February 6th -12th, 2013

This was a better week.  I am eating almost normally now.  Ate in my first restaurant since the surgery - had the yummiest soup in the whole city... Roasted Mushroom Soup from Milestone's Restaurant.  MMMMMM!

Had my first follow up appointment at the orthodontist which went quite well! I've had some pretty major concerns because my bite is still not correct, but I keep forgetting that I have another 6-12 months of braces left and both my surgeon & my orthodontist insist that my bite will be corrected within the year.  YAY! I am right back to work now, and am back singing, but still find my speech is affected a bit.  During the ortho appointment, the configuration of my elastics was altered - not too hard to manage, and now I am finally using those creepy Frankenstein screws I previously put in a picture of.  *lol*  So they aren't just for show!
In case you'd forgotten... (new elastics not pictured... *ha*)

Went to the mountains and had a lovely time at the dog park with my puppy.  Pre-surgery routine is slowly coming back again.  I am back to work again at the theatre, singing again, eating many things I like - and only two more weeks until I can ACTUALLY chew again - going to the theatre, working at the barn - can't ride my horse for a couple months though - dog walking for my clients again... Will be starting burlesque/dance lessons in a couple weeks... Taking a playwright's boot camp with one of my favorite playwrights (THE Sharon Pollock, author of Blood Relations, among many others).  Yeah.  Life is building back up.  It's funny; despite the fact that I work in theatre, I've been actually going to more performances since the surgery than before! AND.. I am going on a mini holiday the first weekend in March to see one of my favorite actors perform in a play about a subject that has become very close to my heart... Residential schools.  I am very excited.  Not to mention, I get to party (meaning pizza, movies and a sleepover - party animals, we are... *lol*) with an old friend, who's giving me a place to stay, while I'm there!

It's been good!

Here are some pictures from Week 4! There aren't many again! *haha*

Still quite puffy... Makes a lop-sided smile..
(24 days post op!)

I'm like a cone head with that swollen jaw..
(24 days post op!)

Wow! My neutral face STILL looks mean!
(24 days post op!)

Profile!!
(24 days post op!)

Just for fun, my fur-baby in the mountains!


Can you see that joyful smile from where you are???

All made up, on my way to a friend's concert... PS - That's a tree behind my head - not antlers.. Just for the record!
(26 days post op)




No comments:

Post a Comment