Saturday 2 February 2013

Week Two: Jan. 22nd - 29th, 2013

Really noticing the numbness this week.  The first week was such a blur of sleeping, syringing, panic & pouting that I didn't really notice much else.  But this week, it drove me crazy!! The constant tickling sensation that is not quite a real feeling... The crazy itches that I can't scratch because I CAN'T FEEL MY FLESH!!!! Yeah... But that aside, I made some great strides as the week progressed...

  • Was able to get my mouth open enough to start brushing, which felt absolutely incredible! 
  • Managed to choke down an ENTIRE frappuccino.  Although it took me about 5 hours, a tiny spoon and a whole lot of napkins.  
  • Was at long, long last able to breathe through my nose.  
  • Got the go ahead to drive myself around again.  
  • Went and got my hair done - fell asleep in the chair, but still... 
  • Went to a reading of my play (5th draft), although I was ready to collapse by the end.
  • Made my first few treks to the dog park with my pup.  He was ecstatic!
  • The drooling has stopped!!! Hooray!!!!!!
  • The nose bleeds have stopped. Woo hoo!
  • I still crave proper food - but as the week went on I managed more and more variety in the diet and was able to retire my syringe.  Go mashed potatoes, refried beans and soup!
  • I moved back into my bedroom upstairs - SO good to sleep in my bed instead of on the couch
  • Attended some theatre and actual saw some people aside from family.  Still feel like a bit of a freak in public, but hey...
  • On the 29th (one day AFTER my play reading, of course) I got my splint removed! That was a major happy dance inducer.  Although, once it was off, I realized that my bite is still WAY off on the sides, but the doctor assures me that this will be fixed within the year.  Whew!
Have some photos! Fun!
Choking down that Frappuccino (Jan. 22nd)

Damn! Parrot lips, or what?! (Jan. 24th)

New hair do, with some purple...
(Jan. 25th)


On the way to the reading of my play.  First time with make-up post surgery.. Also, my two week anniversary!!!
(Jan. 28th)

No comments:

Post a Comment